Sunday, March 7, 2010

5 Ways to overcome The Email craziness

Every day I check my email many times,I know I will not receive any important mails,still I check it many times and this is a kind of addiction.I am blogger too which is good,and bad.I only used to check mails,spend some time on twitter or face book every day this used to be my schedule, now I check stats daily,how many visitors,page views, any comments and many things like this make me addicted.

Is my time utilized valuably no way,I am wasting it a lot,not by writing a blog or spending my time on twitter but by checking and rechecking stats.What is Important is quality not quantity.

1.Don't check mail :  Don't make this your first thing in the morning.Have a daily allotted timing like ten minutes or fifteen minutes every day.and not more than that,If you are a busy person dealing with lot of people via emails make up your own timing schedule accordingly.Emails are invented to help in our work not to distract us.Don't keep staring at that Inbox 0 mails message.move on.

2.Don't Subscribe Unnecessarily : reading a lot of mails will distract you from things which are real priority in life ,keep your mails neat and tidy.Use RSS reader rather than Email subscriptions.don't clutter your mail box with lot of newsletters.Less mails of more information is the key.

3.Use the Resources : I am a Google mail fan and personally prefer and suggest it. and there are many advantages in it.Most of us are Gmail users,learn every thing about Gmail in its official site and their is also labs service.Keyboard shortcuts and more , having more knowledge about your favorite mail service will help you make work faster and easier.

4.Try to Differentiate : Try to differentiate between personal mail and also work and other purpose which will help you maintain healthy relations with out mixing  up both personal and work life.It applies for Facebook as well.

5.Make it your servant :Use mail service to be your major online servant rather than your best distractor and you can use it for birthday reminders,office meeting reminders when ever you check your mail and it gives you only valuable and important mails only then it no longer will make you crazier right.

Hope you like this article ,please share it,thank you friends.