Friday, July 13, 2012

Keep Experimenting …

Back in 2000’s I don’t remember the year I too stumbled on an article about blogging like Problogger , but it didn't change my life , but it made an impact on me and that is how I developed blogging as a hobby .

Those of you who are regular to Zen Inspiration must have observed the constant changes to my blog . One of my friend asked why do you change your blog so much (design and widgets)? isn't it a sign of instability ? I had no one line answer for him , but I have been expecting that question by some one some day  !

I have read hundreds of articles on blogging on all topics from content to design and every time I read a good article I try to learn something and then implement it on my blog .

For example I read a good article about Responsive web design (RWD) on Labnol , when Amit Agarwal (My Guru) says some thing I do consider it seriously .Though I was in love with RWD because of colly , I though it is tough to implement on blogger platform , but after reading labnol’s post I did a lot of experimenting and research and made Zen Inspiration a  responsive blog . Yes I am a amateur web designer .

What is RWD ?

Labnol Responsive web Design

I am not a expert to write on RWD . But  I can say it is simple and easy to understand and implement here are very good articles on RWD .

In the same way , there are tons on topics on blogging from SEO to content writing every topic is an ocean in itself ,blogging takes time and a lot of patience .

If I start maintaining a change log like Labnol , even I would loose track of all changes , The only thing that will be running in my mind is how to make this blog more user friendly , more beautiful , Increase readability and readers .

One lesson of blogging is no two blogs are same and what worked for some successful blogger might not work for you so finding what is right for your blog takes lot of experimenting, that’s why I keep Experimenting !

This post is also to Inform my readers every thing about me ,my blog and to get to know my readers (and make new ones) .

About me : my name is Kalyan Inampudi , you can read more about me on my about me page .

About ZI Blog : Zen Inspiration is weblog about Productivity , Motivation , short stories ,quotes , videos and all the amazing stuff that helps readers to get better in every aspect in life . I am not Paulo Coelho or Robin Sharma , but I share the stuff those guys are made of !

Platform : It is hosted and supported by Blogger , its Free and not in league of wordpress but its not bad either.

Motivation : My awesome readers and AdSense ,apart from personal satisfaction of blogging .

Free services I use :

  • MailChimp : MailChimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.
  • Feedburner : ZI RSS Feed is provided by it .It is the best and It’s Free !
  • Google Analytics :  Enterprise-class web analytics. Delivered on Google's world-class platform. Learn more
  • AdSense : Google AdSense is an easy way to earn money from your online content.Place Google ads on your site - and earn more money.
  • Facebook Developers : Like box and recommended posts .
  • Disqus : With tons of new features and a more beautiful and streamlined experience, the world's favourite commenting system just got even better. Learn more
  • Twitter : Like and share buttons
  • Google custom search : customized search box for your blog , you can also monetize it .
  • Google plus : Plus one button , which will Impact your sites listing in Google search .
  • share this : a social bookmark sharing service .

Tools and Software's :

This is my blog story so far , I use all these services and tools to run this blog , I try to keep up with the changing technology and design styles and methods ,so change is the only constant .

Do you have any suggestions, comments or feedback ,please use the commenting system or mail me iksa001 @ gmail dot com .

If you like my blog Please do consider subscribing to my blog you can subscribe to my News letter or You can also sign-up for our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter, or join our Facebook page

In my blogging Journey there are many gurus who taught me a lot of things ,

  • Design : Antonio of Woork , Pearsonified , Labnol , colly, and many others.
  • Content : Labnol , Zenhabits, Paulo Coelho ,Robin Sharma, and others.
  • Blogging : Problogger, Copyblogger,Seth Godin.

P.S : Dear News letter subscribers thanks a lot for subscribing ,Please add us to your address book if possible to make sure that our emails don’t land in your spam folder. The emails will be sent from iksa01@gmail.com.