Monday, July 9, 2012

Conversation between two babies

“I was thinking what can summarize the book aptly…I recall reading a story on internet about a conversation between two babies…Ego and Spirit…while in womb.

Spirit says to Ego, ‘I know you are going to find this hard to accept, but I believe there is life after birth.’

Ego responds, ‘Don’t be foolish. Look around you. This is all there is. Why must you Ignited_Mindsalways be thinking about something beyond this reality? Accept your lot in life.’

Spirit quietens down for a while, but not for long. ‘Ego, now don’t get angry, but I also believe that there is a Mother.

A Mother! Ego laughs. How can you say that? You’ve never seen a Mother, you don’t know what Mother is.What can’t you accept that this is all there is? You are here alone with me. This is your reality.

‘Ego’, Spirit begs, please listen.What about those constant pressures we both feel, those movements that make us so uncomfortable sometimes, the feeling that we are being squeezed in as we grow? I think we shall soon have a new life, that we shall see light.’

Spirit tries not to bother Ego again but cannot resist one last try. ‘Ego,’ she says, ‘I will not bother you again. But I do believe that after all this discomfort not only shall we see light but also experience the bliss of meeting Mother.’

Ego’s reply is of course, that Spirit is truly mad.

What I want to tell the people of my country through this book is that they must never be content with that which has been presented to them…………………………

(From the book Ignited Minds,Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam)